This page will tell you about how "Leone Bucks" work in our classroom.
The reason why I have used "Leone Bucks" in the classroom is becuase it is a real life way that students learn about the value of money. It also helps to reinforce the rules of the classroom. I have used "Leone Bucks" for many years. It is something that students and parents have enjoyed. Here is a little more information about "Leone Bucks."
How Do You Earn Money?
- everyone earns $3 everyday they are in school
- bonus money gets paid often to promote good behavior choices and hard work
How Do You Lose Money?
- if you have to pay fines or fees
- fines are charged for poor behavior choices (rules violations)
- fine amounts increase as the year goes on
- level 1 fine is a warning, level 2 fine is a loss of privilage, and level 3 fines is a loss of privilages and a call home
- fees are charged for missing homework or being late to class after a class break time
How Do You Spend Money?
- many types of auctions with many interesting items happen weekly
- school supplies are always for sale
- snack is for sale on days where one is not provided
- full class items are sold at least one time per week