What is Growth Mindset?
Check out these amazing quotes!
- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed no hope at all. Dale Carnegie
- Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance. Samuel Johnson
- It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. Confucius
- You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. Margaret Thatcher
- Dreams don’t work unless you do. John C. Maxwell
- Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. Thomas Watson
- It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. Theodore Roosevelt
- Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. Albert Einstein
- Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. Joshua J. Marine
What do these quotes have in common?
Answer: They all celebrate a growth mindset!
Growth Mindset is the concept that our brains are not "fixed" but are capable of always learnng and growing. When students believe that they are capable of getting smarter by working harder, students will put the extra effort in. This will lead to higher achievements and intelligence. The intelligence we are born with is not "fixed" or set in stone - it can continue to develop and grow through hard work and extra effort. Learn more by clicking on this brief video link.
In Room 10, we challenge ourselves to ALWAYS persevere with a growth mindset!