Mrs. Ashley Genco
What School Psychologists Do:
- Collaborate with school staff, families, and administrators to find effective solutions to learning and behavior needs.
- Help others understand child development and how it affects learning and behavior
- Evaluate eligibility for special education services including assessments, interviews, and observations
- Assess academic skills and aptitude for learning
- Determine social-emotional development and mental health status
- Evaluate learning environments
Committee on Special Education (CSE)
- A team of parents and professionals responsible for determining eligibility, coordinating evaluations, and recommending special education programs or services for students with disabilities.
Section 504 Committee
- A team of parents and professionals responsible for determining eligibility for classroom and school accommodations based on a physical or mental health impairment that affects or limits a major life activity.
Tier Two Team
- A team of professionals that review behavior concerns and determine how to improve behavior within the school setting.
Child Study Team
- A team of professionals that review a student’s lack of academic progress and assess different intervention strategies to be used in order to promote academic success.