TJ Guenther is our Lincoln School counselor. Mr. Guenther strives to meet the unique needs of each and every student. He provides a comprehensive school counseling program that teaches students academic, career, and personal/social skills. He realizes all students have tremendous potential and possess the ability to learn in an engaging and safe environment. Through collaboration with parents and the staff here at Lincoln, Mr. Guenther helps our students reach their fullest potential and become successful in all aspects of life.
School counselors may see students for:
- CLASSROOM LESSONS on topics such as emotions, coping skills, friendship, conflict resolution, communication skills, diversity, teamwork, and bullying prevention.
- SMALL GROUPS working with students on things such as impulse control, friendship, anger management, and social skills.
- INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING with students on a short-term basis to meet social, emotional, or behavioral goals.
- CRISIS INTERVENTION to prevent crises and plan for safety.
School counselors are here for parents too! A counselor may work with parents to:
- Explore ways to help your child succeed academically, socially, and emotionally
- Sit in on parent conferences when requested
- Help connect you with community resources for services such as mental health counseling, case management, or crisis support
- Collaborate to meet the personal, social, and academic need of your child